Saturday, July 11, 2009

When Boredom Gets the Best of You


Nick gave me a sewing machine for Christmas (even though I saw it in his trunk) and I have not had a chance to really sew anything on it other than making a few alterations on my clothes here and there. So... with more free time than I would like to have lately it has forced to me to finish unfinished projects. I made these quilt blocks in high school, senior year in needle arts, Mrs. Penrod's class, great times to be had. Anyway so I decided to finish the quilt as maybe a fourth of July quilt. Something to lay down and watch the fireworks or something of that sort. Here is the finished product. Luckily you cant see up close to see my sewing job.

4 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

Totally impressed Dy! I love it! Will you make me one now...in your spare time and everything? Before school starts that is...because once school starts, we'll never have time to do anything :(. So sad.

The Duncan Family said...

Looks great! If you get bored, you can always come down and hang out with us down here!

Chance & Leslee Lundgren said...

That looks awesome! I have a sewing machine too! Lets have an old lady sewing party :) I have some way cute fabric and stuff!

TyandBre said...

I'm so proud of how domesticated you have become. I have to admit that quilting and/or sewing is something that I have never been interested in so I admire those of you who are.